Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Scripture

Helaman 5:12

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

How grateful I am for this scripture. It has helped me through so much in my life! I am so grateful that we have the chance to continue striving to build our foundation on Christ. He is the ultimate source of truth, and I'm so thankful that I can trust in Him. I know that this scripture is true. I know that the devil will send forth all his hail and his mighty storms. But I also know that if we rely on Christ we can have the strength and power to overcome all that may come our way. It won't be easy... as a matter of fact, it will be terrifyingly hard at times. But, He will never leave us. I know my Savior loves me and stands ready to lift me up at any moment.

1 comment: