Saturday, September 10, 2011

Luscious Lemon Bars

Kelsie and I made these delicious lemon bars... and they are like the BEST THING EVER!!! If you like lemon bars, or even you don't (because I didn't before this), I would strongly encourage you to try these. Just writing about them is making my mouth water. The recipe was originally found on allrecipes.com, but I've adopted it as my own. :) Here it is:


Ingredients:

Crust:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons (1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Filling:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder


Directions:

1. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar; gradually beat in flour. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. x 13-in. pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned. (don't overcook!!!)
2. For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat the egg, sugar, lemon juice, flour and baking pwder until frothy (so it starts to have bubbles on top- like hot chocolate). Pour over warm crust. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar, cut into bars, and enjoy! 


Makes about 2-3 dozen bars.


Like I said- these are delicious! :)


Enjoy,


Future Chef Brittany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment