Friday, September 9, 2011

Quote: Adulthood

"The naivete of my presumptions about adulthood glared out at me from the sketchbook like a sickly bruise." (Jessie Hawkes, "My Father's Sketchbook")

             I love this quote!! When we are young we think we know it all. At least for me, as I was growing up I often thought that adulthood wouldn't be a challenge. Sure there are new experiences and hardships, but I thought I was invincible. But then adulthood came and I realized what a false and naive world I had been living in. Being an adult isn't bad, it just isn't really anything I expected! There are so many choices and decisions. I have to be responsible for myself. What is this? Oh yeah, this is life, and it's full of change- learning, growing, falling, failing, succeeding, and wishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment