Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Assignment: Personal Narrative Follow Up!

       I really had a great time writing my personal narrative. For as much as I dislike writing, this paper was actually fun! The topic that I wrote about, my car accident, influenced my life more than I thought. I enjoyed thinking about many blessings and positive things that have come from this experience in my life. One of the hardest parts about writing the narrative was knowing what to include and what to leave out. As I read over my paper the last few times, it brought back many additional memories that I wish I could have included. I also thought the peer reviewing was difficult. I tried to have an open mind about things, but it was still really difficult for me. It was hard to balance between what I thought was best and what they thought was best. I had a really fun time thinking about the best ways to describe my situation and the thoughts that were running through my head. I also called up my friend the night before the paper was due to see if he could help me out. I ended up going over to his house and reading him my paper. It was fun to read my paper, and I think he had fun listening as well. It was just an overall cool experience. It also really opened my eyes to things that sounded awkward or just plain stupid! Overall I had a pretty great time with this paper. I definitely had struggles, but the positives outweighed the negatives!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment