Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reflections on Life

Who am I? What is my purpose? Where am I going? Searching and seeking, many people are in a daily battle to try to find the answers to these simple questions. I have been so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life from the moment I was born. I grew up knowing who I was, why I was on this Earth and where I was striving to go. "I am a child of God and He has sent me here, has given me an Earthly home with parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me. Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday." This children's song helps us answers these vital questions. We are all daughters and sons of a loving Father in Heaven. He sent us here to receive bodies. We are here to learn and grow, to struggle and progress, towards our ultimate goal of living with Him again someday. Our purpose on this Earth is to show our Heavenly Father that we love Him and will keep His commandments and live worthily so that He can grant us the privilege of living in His presence for eternity. Eternal life is our goal. Everyday we must try a little harder to be more Christ-like. It is not easy, but the path is clear. If we work through our trials and heartaches, there are great treasures in store for us. I love my Savior! I know He lives and loves each of us. He knows us by name, and He wants to know us even better. I know that if I will turn to Him and rely on Him for guidance and love in my life, that I can and will receive it. He will never leave me alone. And He will never leave YOU alone. He loves you! He knows your wants and needs. He knows your thoughts and the intents of your heart. He will grant you your righteous desires if you will come to Him on bended knee and plea for His guidance in your life. I'm thankful for a Father in Heaven and for a Savior, Jesus Christ, who love me. I love them with all my heart.

1 comment:

  1. The gospel of Jesus Christ really is the most important thing in our entire live. If we live through his teachings it brings us closer to him and makes us happier in our lives. My all time favorite gospel of Christ is when he visits the Nephities in 3 Nephi and heals the sick and crippled and talks to the children it really is a great book after all. haha

    ReplyDelete