Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Importance of Learning

Why do we have to learn? Why do we have to go to school? Why is there always so much homework? I often ask myself these questions and wonder why I'm paying to get an education. However, this morning as I was talking with a friend, the answer hit me like a ton of bricks. 

1- A man cannot be saved in ignorance. (D&C 131:6) Our whole purpose is to return to live with our Father in Heaven.... at least that's my purpose here on Earth. And if I cannot be saved without knowledge and understanding, then why wouldn't I want to learn as much as humanly possible? It just makes since!

2- This was the one that really hit me though..... God knows everything. Like EVERYTHING!!! It's amazing! Along with trying to return to live with Him, we are also trying to become like Him. If I want to be like God, I have to be obedient to His commandments and serve others and pray and do all the "Sunday school answers". But- I also have to be striving to know everything. We have the opportunity to become like Him if we work for it and show Him that we really want it. As we learn and grow, we will be progressing towards Godhood.

I know this is probably really confusing and hard to follow, but I needed to share it with someone so I did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment