Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's the END!!!! :)

Writing 150 has been an interesting class. Or maybe this whole semester has been interesting… Yep! I think the former statement is most true of the two. I enjoyed Writing 150 for the most part. It was definitely not my favorite class, and I would never choose to take it again, but it wasn’t as miserable as I thought it would be. Over the course of the class I have learned lots about writing, but even more about life. I’ve learned to revise, revise, and then revise again. I’ve learned that reading my paper out loud is REALLY helpful. There were so many times when I would think I had a decent paper and then read it aloud to someone. I almost always found a few errors per page. It was amazing to me! Like I said before, not only did I learn lots about writing, but I learned a great deal about life. This has been the most challenging class I have taken yet in my college career… probably because it was a writing class J So, this class made me realize that my grades in school are not going to stop me from accomplishing my goals or from entering the celestial kingdom! Yes, grades are important. But, just because I get one or two bad grades does not make me any less worthy for Heavenly Father’s love. I also learned the lesson about procrastination. Procrastination is seriously of the devil. I’m not going to lie; I procrastinated on all of my assignments. It wasn’t bad for the first two papers, but the research paper was miserable. I waited until the last week to finally get started on it, and then family issues arose and school got even crazier, and it was just miserable. That was seriously one of the hardest weeks of my life. And, I’m not ever going to let it happen again! I will start on my assignments the day or day after they are assigned. It is so much easier to stay on top of things, rather than wait until the weekend to try to catch up on everything. It just doesn’t work that way. I was really thankful for Sister Elliott as a teacher. She was very kind and understanding and I am so appreciative of that. She is a very kind and wonderful person. I don’t really know what else to say about the class. I will certainly be glad that it is over, but I will miss the people! I think that’s about all J

No comments:

Post a Comment